Indian gooseberry as name suggests is a small miraculous fruit which as many health benefits .When consumed on empty stomach it prevents ageing. It is wonderful fruit for diabetic people as it helps in proper absorption of insulin. It prevents arthritis due to its antioxidant properties. It also helps in lowering cholesterol thus aiding in weight loss programs.
Being packed with vitamin C, amla or the Indian gooseberry contains numerous nutrients that actually help you live a longer and healthier life. Also, the presence of compounds like polyphenols, minerals like Iron and zinc and vitamins like Carotenes and Vitamin B complex in amla prevents various diseases. Though it looks small and tiny but it is power packed fruit.
How to use amla for skin and hair
- Eat amla
- It is powerhouse of vitamin c and antioxidants. Both of which are secrets for healthy glowing skin. Eating amla regularly delays ageing and give required amount of vitamin c to our body .It also prevents greying of hair
- Soak amla seeds in water for about an hour and then drink this water. Not only water will become tasty but also healthy.
- Since amla cannot be stored for longer duration so you can also eat amla pickle or amla murabba which is readily available in market.
- Amla powder gives strength and prevents hair fall. You can dry amla seeds and then grind them to make your own amla powder. Mix it with water and apply on your hair for 20 minutes and then wash your hair with water.
- For stronger hair add shikhakai powder to amla powder and then apply as hair pack for 20 minutes and then wash with luke warm water.
- For that radiant skin, grate amla and mix it with 1 tsp. of honey and some besan, apply this pack and leave for it to dry. Wash it with Luke warm water.
Eating amla everyday will keep your health problems away